What is WeddingWire World?
As you know, CatPrint prints just about anything for almost every industry there is out there. One of the industries that we work with is the Wedding Industry! Last week, three members of CatPrint attended WeddingWire World 2015, which was held at the beautiful Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center located just outside of Washington, D.C.! WeddingWire World is a two day conference full of seminars and lectures to educate vendors and small business owners who are a part of the wedding industry.
This was our first time attending the conference, and CatPrint wants to share with you our experience!
Who attends WeddingWire World?
Whether you’re a photographer, a DJ, or a graphic designer, anyone in the wedding industry is encouraged to attend.
There are many different types of seminars that are held during the conference, with a lot of valuable information that you can definitely take away and use within your business.
Who speaks at WeddingWire World?
There are many different speakers who speak at the conference such as:
- CEO of WeddingWire, Timothy Chi
- CTO of WeddingWire Jeff Yeh
- CMO of WeddingWire, Sonny Ganguly
and many other experts in the Wedding Industry which you can find at the end of this post!
Celebrity Guests included:
What were the different lecture topics?
There were a variety of different topics that were covered, everything from optimizing your website to make sure that it is an outstanding storefront for the interested consumer, to topics about how to brand your company on different social media platforms like LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Bill Rancic and Dana Herbert both shared their stories on how they continuously put in hard work, determination, and made sacrifices in order to get to where they are today as Entrepreneurs.
Before the conference, there is an agenda of all of the different lectures that you can attend during the breakout sessions. Breakout sessions are 30 minute lectures where you can choose which one of three lectures you want to attend to during that time. This is where it is beneficial to have at least two people attending the conference. This is so that in the case that there are two or more lectures you think would be extremely helpful and informational to your business, you can gather information from both lectures!
Although the speakers do emphasize that PDFs of the lectures will be available later on after the conference, there are things that the speakers mention that may not necessarily be written down on the slides.
Why Should You Go To WeddingWire World?
If you’re a vendor or work within the wedding industry, WeddingWire World is definitely a great conference to attend to gain insights on the industry and how to leverage your marketing strategy to consumers. There’s a lot of great knowledge to be gained from the conference, ranging from setting your pricing or how to communicate with your customers better! It is also a great chance to meet others who also work within the same industry, and it especially increases team bonding & motivation!
Which Seminars Did CatPrint Attend?
- SMB Success: Building a Social Mobile Business by Sonny Ganguly, CMO of WeddingWire
- What’s New: WeddingWire App Updates by Jeff Yeh, CTO of WeddingWire
- How to Succeed in Business and Life by Bill Rancic, Entrepreneur & Author, Winner of NBC’s The Apprentice
- Luncheon Presentation by Chef Dana Herbert, winner of “Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker”
- Tough Pricing Questions: Turning “How Much?” into “YES!” by Alan Berg, Certified Speaking Professional & WeddingWire Education Guru
Breakout Session 1
- Building Your LinkedIn Business Page by Reno Perry & Matthew Davis, Account Executives of LinkedIn
Breakout Session 2
- Make your Email Marketing MEMEorable by Bart Thornburg, Email Marketing Manager at WeddingWire
- Growing Your Business While Maintaining Your Brand by Jennifer Reitmeyer, President of MyDeejay
Breakout Session 3
- Take Your Blogging to the Next Level by Andy Ebon, Founder of The Wedding Marketing Blog, WeddingWire Education Expert
- Video Marketing: Creating Quality Content by Jason Hsiao, President & Co-Founder of Animoto
Breakout Session 4
- Get Discovered on Pinterest: Help Millions Plan Their Big Day by Jimmy Sopko, SMB Channel Partner Manager at Pinterest
- Package Your Genius: Defining and Developing Your Personal Brand by Amanda Miller Littlejohn, Personal Branding Coach
- The More You Know About SEO by John Lincoln, President at Ignite Visibility
- 4 Key Website Do’s and Don’ts by Alan Berg, Certified Speaking Professional & WeddingWire Education Guru
- What’s New: WeddingWire Product Updates by Jeff Yeh, CTO at WeddingWire
- Something Old, Something New: Modern Twists on Classic Traditions by Monte Durham, Fashion Director of Bridals by Lori & TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta
Breakout Session 1
- Top Tools to Maximize Your Blog by Andy Ebon, Founder of The Wedding Marketing Blog & WeddingWire Education Expert
- Mastering Keys to Limitless Success by Laurie Hartwell, Founder & CEO of The Bridal Society
Breakout Session 2
- Pro Panel: Industry Veterans moderated by Timothy Chi, CEO of WeddingWire
- In His Moment: The Groom Tells All by Ross Oscar Knight, Photographer & Author
Breakout Session 3
- The Importance of Reviews by Alan Katz, Owner of Great Officiants and Brendan McClellan, Associate Director of Customer Success Team at WeddingWire
After Lunch Seminar
- 10 Ways Technology will Improve Your Wedding Business by Sonny Ganguly, CMO of WeddingWire by Sonny Ganguly, CMO of WeddingWire
If you are a professional in the wedding industry who is interested in gaining the tips and tools outlined in the post, we recommend checking out future WeddingWire conference events. This was a great learning opportunity for CatPrint and we believe many designers and small businesses could benefit from it.